Dining Al Fresco
Summer entertaining season is here, and we couldn't be more thrilled! There's something about summer gatherings that are just too fun to miss... the perfect time for outdoor get-togethers, sipping poolside spritzers and grilling your favorite summer recipes. Even though we try to make these events as effortless as possible, there is always some planning required to pull it off like a pro. Here, we share some of our best tips & tricks for all summer related entertainment.
- "For decorations, a delightful spread of food is sometimes all you need to decorate your al fresco dining table. Go for an off-white linen tablecloth, and the colors of the fresh vibrant plates will surely stand out."
The Setting and Table Decor:
Outdoor lunch with a beaming ray of sun is rarely a good idea. Choose a shady setting like a corner under trees, or set up one or two large umbrellas for a nice cool shade. For decorations, a delightful spread of food is sometimes all you need for al fresco dining. Go for an off-white linen tablecloth, and the colors of the fresh summer-y plates will surely stand out.
The Castelo Branco and Colapesce collections are some of our favorites for the summer. The combination of colors, and the contrasting patterns of the different plates in each collection makes them exquisite sets for outdoor dining. If you want to spice it up, colored vases, napkins and glasses are always a good idea. Our exclusive Sorbetto collection with Laguna B is one to watch! For your table linens, opt for linens and light cottons—lightweight fabrics that will give you all the summer feels. Combine them with textured placemats of natural fibers such as the Suni placemat to give your table that gorgeous Latin American flair.
- When it comes to flowers, less is often more. Arrange your summer flowers in loose single-stem bunches for an effortlessly chic look—a colorful elegant vase will do the rest! Some of our favorite summer flowers: bougainvillea, hydrangea, lilies and sunflowers.
The Food & Drinks:
- Consider doing something different and instead of a seated lunch or dinner, make your outdoor party aperitivo/cocktail style. Serve simpler appetizers throughout the night, and assemble an eye-catching summer board with crudités, cheeses and charcuterie. No cooking necessary and a more casual approach.
- If you are looking to play more on the chef side, grilling in the summer never gets old. Successful grilling is all about preparation. Start by choosing your favorite cuisine and go from there. Whether it’s mediterranean, Italian or American, gather quality ingredients and you’ll be ready to go.
- We have a few themes for you to get inspired: grilled seafood feast, grilled branzino with fresh salads or just go with the classic (and always a hit): burgers. But we’re not talking about an ordinary, indifferent burger. We’re talking the impeccable meat quality, and fabulous spread of toppings (bacon, avocado, guava spread, diverse cheese options...) kind.
Always have plenty of water and a full chilled bar (our Macchia su Macchia glasses are a go-to). To make things easier, skip the fancy cocktails and opt for the classics: chilled wine and champagne, artisanal beer and maybe a spritz here and there.
Never skip the music, it’s a must! Sun-down parties always turn into dance parties. The best way is to choose different playlists in advance to be prepared for what's to come. You can start with ambient music such as jazz and classical, and then play more fun dance music when the spritzes start to kick in. We gathered some of our favorite summer tunes for you to get inspired, listen to our playlist here, have fun!
- "Start by choosing your favorite cuisine and go from there. Whether it's mediterranean, Italian or American, gather quality ingredients and you'll be ready to go."