Whether you are Easter brunching, or planning a more formal lunch or dinner, Easter calls for an outdoor celebration as we welcome the freshness of Spring. Here, our favorite tips to host and celebrate a fabulous Easter brunch.
- "Easter tables traditionally embrace pastel hues. While we aren’t opposed to following tradition, add specific elements to give your table an edge and break the all-pastel palette"
Vases and flowers are a great way to diversify from the all-pastel color palette, while giving your table an added touch of color. Visit your local flower shop and get creative with your flower finds—the more unusual the better the conversation!
If you are serving brunch family-style, the vibrant platters will give your table a lively, touch of color. Last but not least, choose a spot in your home with the most sunlight to set the table, go outdoors if your weather permits!
Easter tables traditionally embrace pastel hues. While we aren’t opposed to following tradition, add specific elements to give your table an edge and break the all-pastel palette.
1. We love a table that is formal yet not perfectly designed. Covering the table with a plain tablecloth as the base and adding placemats on top gives it a more formal look. Decorate it with fruits and veggies in an imperfect way for a fun, effortless feel.
2. When it comes to colors, start with a base of one or two hues as a base, and then add print or pattern that complements them.
3. Don’t be afraid to mix and match. Play around with table linens, glassware, flatware and dinnerware for the different tones and prints.
4. Instead of the traditionally used egg decor, use flowers or even better, in season fruits and veggies such as apples, carrots, apricots, cabbage, radishes, lemons, grapefruits, and strawberries.
- "Handwritten menus add the perfect personal touch!"
We love the idea of an Easter brunch. Many celebrations happen during the evening, so why not take advantage of this holiday to change things up. Preparing the meal together is part of the fun—it also helps take some of the pressure off your shoulders. Get creative and cook different and delicious brunch recipes such as home-made croissants or fresh scallops with ginger, parsley and lemon. Yum!
- The Mood:
Create a Spring-inspired playlist to set the mood—one while you cook, another while you indulge in the delicious meal you prepared. We already did part of the job for you and created Spring Tunes for you to play while you cook and celebrate! Check it out on Spotify.